This morning when we woke up, I thought we were over the stomach flu. Unfortunately, we were not. It came on again strong this afternoon. It wouldn't be such a big deal, just another stomach bug, if this wasn't the first time Madie has ever been sick like this. We have been so fortunate in the past to somehow ward off illness, other than an occasional ear infection, we have been very lucky.
When we went to the Dr. yesterday, he said it was a stomach virus and it would just have to run its course. Five days and it is still running. Madie doesn't have a fever, she just throws up sporadically...Lots! I feel so sorry for her and she has lost so much weight. I wish I could take her pain away. I am hopeful that the worst is over and she will fill better for Easter.
Speaking of Easter....it really snuck up on me this year. I didn't realize that when we got back from the beach it was only a few days away. I had intended to take that time and tell Madie all about Easter and the Easter Bunny and show her how to hunt and find Easter eggs. We haven't been able to do any of it because she has been so sick.
This evening I tried to give her the run down about the Easter Bunny. (Hunting eggs would have been way to much movement for her, she's hardly gotten off the couch when she's awake.)
I'm not sure if she understood.
I guess I will find out tomorrow when she wakes up and says "Momma, who's the Easter Bunny?"
*I pray that she feels better tomorrow....we can catch up and hunt eggs for the next 2 weeks!
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Stomach Flu and the Easter Bunny Don't Mix
Posted by Madie's Mom at 8:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment