Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My Baby Knows What She Wants AND Needs!

This morning I went to get Madie up just as I do every morning. I had heard her several minutes before and she seemed to be whinning a little. When I went in to say good morning and rise and shine I could smell that she probably had something to whine about. I mean, I can't imagine what it would feel like to wake up from a nights sleep and feel that your underwear is full of poop. Gross!

So I got Madie up and we were changing her diaper and I asked her if that felt better now that she was all clean. She pointed to the basket where I keep her supplies (thermometer, diaper cream, lotion etc. ) and she said "keem". It took me a minute but then I realized she was wanting cream. diaper cream. She knew her little bottom hurt and she knew the keem would make it feel better.

My baby knows what she wants and needs!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Granny Jewel (and later on Little Momma) had a saying that is sort of fitting in this situation...they said "When a kid is big enough to tell you it's time to change, then it is time to potty train" - I can hear Granny saying that as clear as a bell in my mind. Maybe it's not long before she shows an interest in real pottying! Love, ROBIN