Sunday, March 2, 2008

I Think I'm Raising a Mini Drill Sargent

It has recently come to my attention that I may be raising a Mini Drill Sargent. Madie's vocabulary is growing everyday and she is pronouncing her words more clearly. I couldn't be more proud to watch her grow.

However, there are a few words that she has down pat and I can't help but notice that they are all command verbs. For example: up, sit, no, and the one that is driving me crazy is march.

After spending the winter inside and trying to find aerobic activities to do in the house we marched around the house. Madie now relates marching to saying "Hey follow me or lets go" but she can't say that yet so she just says March!

This weekend she has told a minimum of 15 people (some she knew, some she didn't) to march. Everyone will ask...Did she say march? I reply....yes and sometimes she says "March....please." How can you not march for that?

I don't' want her to be bossy, but I certainly want her to know what she wants and be her own person. I am hoping with each day her vocabulary continues to grow and we can consider this her "Drill Sargent phase".

Until then......we'll be marching!

2 comments:

Misti said...

I love it!! Jason and I talked about that after you guys left- she is such a sweetie and we love her so much!! Isn't it funny how someone so small can get all us adults to "march"!!!

I'm a Mom!..? said...

She's so cute, I'd march for her any time!