Friday, March 28, 2008

Dog Poop......Ugh!

So, today I decided to take Madie to the park to play. I thought it would be a nice outing since she had been sick and stuck in the house for so long. We get there and we are climbing steps and sliding down the slide and running around without a care in the world when I look down and see a big pile of dog poop. It looked as if someone had already stepped in it and I thought to myself--that's got to suck!-- I continue to follow Madie, watching where I stepped, when I look at her shoe and realize that she had been the one to step in it. Yuck! It was all over the bottom of one of her shoes. I scoop her up and go to the car and get the wet wipes and ask her to sit down on the ground to clean her shoe and when she sits she rubs her pants leg with her shoe and now it's all over her pants.

After the clean up, we resumed play and "marching" on the walking trail, when out of the corner of my eye I see a lady pull up in the park parking lot. She obviously is there to walk. No kids with her. Then she goes to the back of her SUV, pulls out a leash and out jumps a dog. She attaches the leash to the dog and then she walks him over to the grass (near the sidewalk) and he poops and they walk off. Leaving his pile of poop right there.

I couldn't believe she just left it. There were kids everywhere and she didn't seem to think twice about just walking off and leaving it there to be stepped in.

Now, let me be clear. I like dogs. I don't have a problem with dogs. I think dogs are cute. I choose not to be a dog owner because I don't want one to live in the house and I don't want to have to worry with boarding it or making arrangements for someone else to feed it if we decide to go away from home.

What I don't like are dog owners who think that their dogs poop don' t stink and they don't care where they go or who could step in it.

So to the lady with the pooping dog---When you are in a public place and you have your dog with you and it poops---pick it up!

0 comments: