Thursday, August 7, 2008

There's a Little Monkey In Our House

There is a little monkey in our house!

Madie has learned to climb and I think she tries to scale everything in the house now. Why sit down in a chair normally when you can crawl/climb over the arm of the chair to get to the desired location?

The other night when I was getting Madie ready for bed she said, "Mommy watch!" She took off and scaled the side of her baby bed and flipped herself in. I couldn't help but laugh, but I also wondered....how long will it take her to realize that if she can climb in...she can climb out. I am betting that it won't take long. It looks like we will be converting her baby bed into a toddler bed soon. Yet another milestone to be met. However, I'm really not looking forward to her having the ability to roam around the house at night. I can see it now, she'll come into our room at 2am and say, "hey mommy, what you doing?" Since she no longer uses her pass she already stays in her bed and talks forever before she goes to sleep. I can only imagine what she will do not being confined in a crib.

On another note: We were in the check out line today and this was the conversation Madie had with the cashier-She is always having conversations with people when we are out somewhere. She doesn't know a stranger.

Madie: Hey!

Cashier: Hey---(not as enthused)

Madie: This is my mommy--(she points to me and smiles)

Cashier: That is your mommy?

Madie: Yes, her name meme (She knows what my name and her daddy's real name is, although not the greatest pronunciation with mine)

Her conversation was so confident and so proud to be saying that I was her mommy. I'm holding onto this moment because I have a feeling that it won't be long before announcing who her mommy is will not be that cool.

0 comments: