Sunday, August 10, 2008

$2 Can Buy Happiness

Saturday night we went to eat Mexican (Madie's favorite) before my parents headed back home. After we ate, we were walking past a Dollar Tree store that is in the same shopping center and noticed that they already had their Halloween decorations out (are you kidding me, I guess since it has cooled off a bit retail is ready for trick or treating).

We (Me, Nana & Madie) decide to go in and look around, thinking that we may be able to find a Charlotte. Madie is a big fan of Charlotte's Web and has been asking for a spider for some time now. Not the typical toy for a 2 year old girl I know, but she has been wanting one. So, we go in and right in the entrance is all of these ceramic figurines. And what does she spy? A pig. She sees it and yells, "Oh, Wilbur!" We try to leave the store and she pitches a fit to get the "breakable" pig, so of course, we get it for her. She is all smiles and then says, "what about Charlotte?" So what do I do? I go in, buy a bag of plastic Halloween creatures, which includes a spider and give it to her.

She had never been happier and smiled all the way home. They slept in the floor next to her and have gone everywhere with her today. Who would have thought, with all the toys she has, this is what put a smile on my babies face and brightened her day today.

Here they are.....Wilbur & Charlotte


Ceramic pig = $1
Plastic spider = $1
A smile on my babies face = PRICELESS!

1 comments:

Sherrie said...

that sounds like a great afternoon! Something I'm sure she will always remember. about the pig: you should take her to the petting zoo at Oak Mtn. They have a "Wilbur"! We could go together. (I'm sure they also have lots of Charlottes too).

ps. the potty princess is adorable - much cuter than the Charmin bears!