Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bye Mommy, Have a Good Day

I'm sitting at home alone.....as the song goes....all by myself... at least for a little while longer.

Today was the day....Madie started her Mom's Day Out school. Only one day a week on Tuesday's but still...this is a big deal. Thankfully our neighbor is her teacher. Thank you Mrs. A, if you are reading this, I'm so glad you are Madie's teacher.

Last night was open house. Hubby came home from work early so he could also attend. Madie was like a kid in a candy store. She couldn't stop talking about the other boys and girls.

This morning as we walk in the rain to the door Madie let me take a few pictures. (I'll post some of those later) When we got to her room I gave Mrs. A her backpack and started to walk out the door. Madie turns to me and says, "Bye Mommy, have a good day." Talk about tugging at your heart. I'm so glad she didn't cry as I left and I'm proud to know that she was so confident with herself that she acted like she had done this 100 times before. I'll report back after I pick her up and see if this confidence lasted throughout the day.

1 comments:

Sherrie said...

boo hooo! That makes ME cry! I hope she has a completely fabulous first day. Can't wait to see pics.