Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Let's Go To The Movies

Yesterday I decided it would be fun to take Madie to the movies. My SIL was in town visiting and I thought it would give us something to do. Kung Fu Panda is playing and I have heard good things about it, and I thought Madie might enjoy it.

We grab some lunch before the movie so that we have more for lunch than Popcorn and Rasinettes. We get there 20 minutes before the movie is to begin. Plenty of time to go to the bathroom, get our yummy refreshments, and find the perfect seat for Madie to enjoy her first movie.

When the previews began, Madie was a little startled by the noise and large screen and before the coming attractions were finished, she had decided that she wanted "no, movie....go home."

So I started pulling out the snacks, Popcorn (which she has never eaten before because I am paranoid about her choking) and rasinettes.

She looks up at me as says in a very loud voice, "Popcorn, I like it!" and continues to say it over and over. She wiggled and squirmed and went from my lap to SIL lap (she couldn't sit in a seat by herself....she didn't weigh enough to hold the seat bottom down). She asked for a diaper change 2 times (they were both justified...one was really wet and the other was #2).

****note to self, get more serious about potty training

I think she may have watched 10 minutes of Kung Fu Panda and I wish that I had not seen any it. It was terrible! There had been way to much hype and I was extremely disappointed. As we were leaving, I asked Madie if she was ready to go home. She looked at me very serious and said, "No! Go to movies!" It's a no win.

Next time, I will do more research with our movies. They must have singing or dancing or some kind of music and oh ya.....we MUST have popcorn.....I like it!

1 comments:

I'm a Mom!..? said...

those seats really should be more kid friendly -- we took Munchkin to see WallE and the seat kept folding up on her too!