Today was one of those days that I don't want to forget.
(Well, at least part of it. I could forget the part where Madie's diaper leaked on her beanbag and I had to wash the cover and disinfect the bag and I had those little white beans all over the house-why do they act like they have magnets in them?)
Let me start over.
Today was one of those days that I don't want to forget.
Today was a girls day. We went to get Madie's hair trimmed at Sweet & Sassy. Her bangs were so long they were hanging in her eyes. I am so glad that she enjoys going. She gets so excited about getting the glitter star on her cheek. She just seems to have a really good time and I'm glad I can make those memories for her.
After the hair cut, I decided that we would go to Johnny Rockets for lunch. I had not been there in years and I thought she might like it. At first I ordered a chocolate malt for us to share. We each had a straw and were drinking it at the same time. She looked up at me and said in her toddler voice, "Mommy, this is really really good....it's alicious." Translation-Delicious
I had no idea she knew words that big. She amazes me everyday. We finished our lunch. I had a hamburger and Madie a hot dog and we shared some cheese fries..yum yum!
As I was driving home, looking back at Madie in her car seat, licking on the sucker she was given when she got her hair cut, I couldn't help but smile. I am so fortunate to be able to spend my days being a full time mom, experiencing everything with Madie and watching her grow. At that moment I wanted to remind myself to cherish this moment.
Sigh.....She's growing up right before my eyes.
Monday, July 14, 2008
Cherishing The Moment
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Heartbreaking I tell you.... I want to savor every stinkin' moment like that, but I know most of them will fade.
Post a Comment