Madie has just recently mastered drinking out of a juice box. It took a while for her to figure out that if you squeeze the juice box that juice comes out all over the place. She usually only drinks milk, water and the occasional sips of sweet tea and every once in a while she has juice so it is a really big deal when she gets it. She usually drinks it all at one time without hardly stopping to take a breath.
Today we went to the Library to see/hear Mr. Mac sings songs and tell stories. Everything was going great, she was so well behaved today---when out of the corner of my eye I see a mom take out juice boxes for her 2 children, pop the straw open and hand it to them. I had only packed Madie a sippy cup and her requested goldfish and she had not noticed the juice boxes yet . Then, all of sudden she takes off across the room saying "juice box!" By the time I got to her she had already taken the juice box out of the little boys hands, but I made it to her before she could take a sip. I gave the juice box back to the little boy, told his mother I was sorry and told Madie that it wasn't hers to drink. She was devastated and began to cry. I had no idea she would get so upset over a juice box.
Note to self-next week, take a juice box!
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Juice Box Envy
Posted by Madie's Mom at 1:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Mastering the juice box is a very big step. Munchkin is the same way, sucks it down in a snap and then wants more...
Post a Comment