Wednesday, November 26, 2008

If I Had A Hundred Dollars To Spend

Let me just say that ones mind can think of the craziest things at the strangest times. With that said:

If I Had A Hundred Dollars To Spend

If I had a hundred dollars to spend
or maybe a little more.
I'd hurry as fast as my legs would go,
straight to the animal store.

I wouldn't say how much for this or that?
Or what kind of dog is he?
I'd buy as many as wagged a tail
or rolled an eye at me.

I might by the parrot all red and green,
or the monkey I saw before.
If I had a hundred dollars to spend,
or maybe a little more.

This is a poem that I had to memorize in the 2nd grade. And for some reason it has been on my mind for several days. Why? I have NO idea. I thought maybe it was a sign to document it for Madie before I go all "Denny Crane" and get Mad Cow.

1 comments:

Sherrie said...

Maybe it is a sign you need to get a dog! ha! I'm reading Marley & Me and have been belly laughing so hard it cracks everyone around me up! You gotta read it. Can't wait for it on the big screen. Happy Thanksgiving neighbor.