Memorial Day we went to a friends house to swim and cook out for lunch. We were gathering things up and loading the car to leave about 8:45am. Hubby was helping to load the car, I was gathering last minute things and Madie was running around the house ready to "go car."
We made it out of the door around 8:50am. We had plenty of time to get there, swim and have lunch before we had to head back home for Madie's nap time.
Madie had a great time swimming. It was the first time that she had been to a pool to swim when she could walk. She didn't start walking until October and last year she spent all of her time in the pool on all fours. She wore her arm floaties and had a great time. Lunch was good too. But then it was time to head home.
We get home and this is where the "too close to a close call happens." I walk inside the kitchen and see that the eye on our stove in on high. We have a flat top stove, so I could see the bright red color of the eye turning on when I walked in. I ran over to the stove and turned in off. I was thinking to myself, how in the world did this happen. I ran out to the garage where hubby was getting Madie out of the car and asked him if he remembered turning on the eye to the stove. He did not and I asked him if he would come and feel the intense heat of our microwave over the stove and check the cabinets to make sure there was no damage. While doing this, I picked Madie up so that she would not touch her hand on anything that could be hot. As we were talking, she reaches down toward the nob on the stove and says "turn." I froze....I couldn't believe it. Hubby and I just looked at each other. It was Madie who turned on the stove that remained on for about 5 hours!
We could have lost everything. Our house could have gone up in flames. God was watching over us. I don't want this to ever happen again....it was way too close to a close call!
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Too Close...To A Close Call!
Posted by Madie's Mom at 12:50 PM
Labels: Close call
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Oh my! You all were so lucky! Bless her little heart, knobs are so much fun for toddlers to play with. Thank you Lord, that You were watching over their house and Madie.
Oh my goodness Emi! I am so glad that nothing happened. God was definitely watching over you guys!
Wow!!! That could have been very bad!
Post a Comment