Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Swimming Pool Fiasco

This Memorial Day weekend was jammed packed and will take several bog entries to share all of my stories from the weekend. But I must first share about the swimming pool fiasco that I experienced.

I had decided that I was going to go and get Madie an inflatable swimming pool and knew exactly what I wanted. I went and got one on Sunday morning and then while Madie and I were gone to a birthday party that afternoon I was going to have hubby blow it up so that it would be ready the next day. I received a message on the way home from hubby that there was a hole in the one that I had bought. So, I thought that I would just go by the place that I bought it (Wal-mart, where else), and get another pool and return the damaged one later. Evidently, everyone else in the Birmingham Metro area decided that they wanted this little pool too, because after 6 different Wal-marts and God only knows how much gas, I still did not find a replacement for the one that I wanted. So, I went to Target and got a back up. It was not exactly what I wanted, but I thought that it would do and Madie would have a good time with it. It had a little slide and sprayed water....very cute, but not what I wanted.

We filled the pool up while Madie was taking her nap and waited patiently until she awoke to see her reaction of her new pool. We were out there maybe 10 minutes and realized that this pool had a slow leak and water started pouring out of it and left the pool with only about 4 inches of water. So much for a fun pool time. I was so disappointed after I couldn't find the one that I wanted and to have my back-up pool have a hole in it to.

I'll keep a look out for the pool that I want but be aware of the bad swimming pool karma that plagues me.

0 comments: