Friday, May 16, 2008

Smarties & Hambug Heaven....What Joy!

Today Madie and I went out to run some errands. We have a birthday party to go to tomorrow and I had put off getting a gift. She is not to the age yet that she understands that we are buying a gift (usually a toy--in this case it was her favorite--a dress up dress with wings and a wand) for someone else. Anyway, after I convinced her that it was not her toy and that we would go find a bag of Smarties (I can get her to do anything for them) she was a little angel.

I decided that we would go and grab some lunch before we went home so that I could put her down for her nap as soon as we got in and asked her if she wanted to go to Hamburger Heaven. She said "OOOOooooo, Hambug Heaven!" So we get to the order line and the girl asked us what we want and Madie shouts out "Grilled Cheese" so I told the girl 2 grilled cheeses--we got the kids meal with an extra grilled cheese...you get a free ice cream --yum yum!

I decided to try letting Madie sit in a booster chair. I have never attempted it on an outing by myself. She is often times just too hard to wrangle and try to eat at the same time. But she did great. Even asked for a napkin to wipe her hands. After we ate our grilled cheese and shared our ice cream, we headed home. Not a very eventful or even out of the ordinary day...but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

My little girl is growing up right before my very eyes. Where's my tissue?

0 comments: