What should have been Madie's second day to Mother's Day Out---ended up being a trip to the Dr.
Madie started running a fever yesterday. I noticed that she didn't look as if she felt 100%, but she never skipped a beat. This morning when we got up she was running a fever again and I knew I couldn't send her to school while she was running a fever. So, instead of going to school, we went to the Dr. first thing this morning.
Come to find out, she has a severe ear infection. Here I have been treating her for sinus/allergy problems for the past 3 weeks and she has an ear infection that has gotten to the point that the fever part of it is terrible. No signs or symptoms to warn me of this until today and Bam!.. High Fever!
She has ran a high fever on and off all day. Ranging from 103.2 to 101.1. But, this evening it jumped to 104.3 and I freaked out. I put her in the tub to cool her off, gave her more Motrin and ice chips to eat, called the Dr. to make she there wasn't anything else I was supposed to do (thank goodness for 24 hour nurse assistance). She was pitiful. She would cry and say, "Mommy, I feel bad." But, soon the fever broke and she started to play with her toys and I could tell she was feeling better.
I am hoping tomorrow will be a better day. Hopefully, the antibiotics will have time to begin to work and knock out some of the infection. The only plus is that she's not contagious.
I hate this helpless feeling of not being able to take her pain away.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
This Time Fever Equal's Ear Infection
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I'm sorry Madie is sick. I've got a puny one over here too (but thankfully so far only one). Stinks doesn't it! This is such a yucky time of year with the germies. I hope she is better soon.
God love that baby...I am so sorry that she feels bad. Please give her a kiss and a hug from all of us and tell her we hope she is better soon!
God love her! I'm so sorry that she's sick. I hope her fever has now broken and she's on the up side of this yucky time.
Tell her that Aunt Em loves her.
Post a Comment