While we were on vacation, hubby and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary. Sometimes it doesn't seem like it has been that long. When I think back to how we met it always puts a smile on my face. Here is a little history:
I had just gotten my first "real" job out of college. It was March of 1999. It was at a radio station and I was an account executive--that's a fancy title for sales rep. Anyway, my boss told me that someone would be training me and that I would go out on sales calls with them and they would show me the ropes. My boss had also told the person who would show me the ropes (a.k.a hubby) that he had just hired a new girl and that he was going to love me. Little did he know.
I was instantly taken by hubby's personality. Everyone loved him and he always seemed happy and had such a kind spirit about him. At first, we were "just friends." Although, I knew that it was more than that.
Three months after we met, hubby experienced a terrible loss. His father passed away of a sudden heart attack, in my hubby's presence. It was such a sad time for him and I tried my best to be strong for him and his family, whom I had just met and barley knew. Hubby also experienced the loss of his older brother only 9 months before the loss of his father. His brother passed away from cancer. Both of these huge losses was a tremendous hardship on his family. And through it all, he always managed to have a smile on his face, spend time with me, and be there for his family. Through this experience, I knew that he was the "real deal." That he would never leave me or mistreat me or disrespect me in anyway---the man of my dreams--the prince in my fairytale. And...I was right. He is a wonderful man with a caring heart, a great sense of humor and still treats me as if we were dating at times.
In October of 1999, hubby left the job in which we shared so that we could "out" our dating each other. Neither of us wanted to be office gossip and tried to keep our relationship private and out of the office. He went to work for a local TV station and still remains employed there. In November of 1999, we bought a house together and two weeks later on December 4th, hubby asked me to marry him. I said "yes!" of course.
We were married in June of 2000. And blessed with a beautiful little girl in May of 2006.
I am so lucky to have found him to share my life with. I am grateful for our 8 years of marriage and I am looking forward to many many more.
Happy Anniversary.
Love you babe----Today and Always!
Thursday, June 26, 2008
To Hubby With Love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Emi- that was the sweetest post ever. You guys are so perfect for each other and make such a wonderful family! Congratulations to the both of you for 8 years!
Wow! Eight years ago-Meggie was just 4 yrs old, and Jonathan (DH) & I were both at your wedding, but not together yet...Weird, huh?
And I remember how you & JB totally had me psyched to give DH my digits that were wadded up in my hand at Gabrielle's that night we had Girl's Club. You & JB were total cheerleaders for ME, the ultimate cheerleader! And it worked. Thanks for playing matchmaker, Em & JB!!!
You're right-he IS your Prince Charming. I have loved JB since the first time I met him, simply b/c his love for my Emi Angel just radiated. And for the 1st time in a while, I knew w/out a doubt that you were indeed happy. I couldn't be happier for you. I have always said that you were probably THE sweetest person I have ever known, and I can honestly say that JB is probably the nicest dude I've ever known.
Even my DH isn't as nice as JB. JB's the only guy I can compare to when I'm ragging on my DH and doing the thing that wives should never do..."Why couldn't you do _(Fill in the blank)_ like JB does/did?" I know...you should never compare, but seriously, that's how awesome your man is! I'm proud of you, Em.
Post a Comment