Last week Madie and I went for our weekly visit to the library. We go every week and she loves it. Mr. Mac ( An old hippy---he plays grateful dead songs to kids under 4) plays his guitar and sings songs and tells stories and brings a big bag of puppets for all the kids to play with. The past few weeks that we have gone Madie is finding her indepenence. She no longer feels the need to saty right beside mommy, but rather enjoys exploring and running all around the room and playing and talking with the other kids. I think that this is great at first....until the 50th lap around the room and then I think that it is time for her to come back and sit with mommy. We always carry a drink and a snack to enjoy while visiting Mr. Mac. Madie had eaten her snack and taken off again to go and explore when I notice her in the back of the room. I notice that she is chewing something and remember that she did not have any of her snack with her so I get up, walk to the back of the room and motion her to come to the door. We walk outside and I ask her what she has in her mouth. She sticks out her tongue and I see a body, a wing and one leg. Where is the rest of it? I do a finger sweep, retrieve what looks like another leg and maybe a head. I asked "what do you have in your mouth?" Madie repies "a BUG". I told her "Gross, we don't eat bugs". Needless to say our trip to the library was cut short. I thought you were supposed to get books at the library.....not bugs!
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Well they say it tastes like chicken! If this is the worst thing she does in the month of February....how blessed you are! Love, ROBIN
Post a Comment