This morning Madie and I went to buy some flowers to set out around the house and on the back porch. I decided that while we were out I would get a planter to plant the cherry tomato seeds that I had previously bought. Madie LOVES tomatoes...all kinds all sizes. She especially likes cherry tomatoes so I thought it would be neat to have her help me plant the seeds and help me water the seeds and watch daily for our plants to grow. Then when they grew tomatoes she could help me take them off the vine and we could eat them.
Sounded like fun to me.
We get home from our outing and as I am putting the potting soil in the planter she asked me if she can go inside that she doesn't want to help right now, but that when there are tomatoes on there she will help me. ( I thought she was about to be 3...not 13! I didn't let her out of this one.) I made her stay outside to watch me put the seeds in the pot. She doesn't quiet understand the concept. She keeps asking me when she can get a tomato. In a few weeks, hopefully she'll be able to see one.
Monday, April 20, 2009
You Say Tomato...
Posted by Madie's Mom at 1:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
this is a good lesson in patience. Hey, do you want some peas? We have more peas plants than we know what to do with. They are ready to go outside now (I think). At least, we'll be moving ours outdoors this week.
Post a Comment